Itogon is a municipality in the province of Benguet.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Itogon.
- Agno River – passes through Barangays Dalupirip and Tinongdan
- Asin Hot Spring – about an hour hike from Dalupirip barangay center and is situated along Agno River
- Suyok Falls – located in Barangay Dalupirip
- Salapsap Creek – located in Barangay Dalupirip. Its water comes from a spring.
- Mount Ulap – 1,846 masl
- Mount Pigingan – 1,328 masl
- Mount Ugo – 2,150 masl; located in Barangay Tinongdan
- Mount Bidawan – located in Barangay Poblacion
- Mount Marikit – located in Barangay Tinongan. On the way to the peak, one will find the Adaushu Cave, Ambasa Burial Cave, and Baloy Hot Spring.
- Binga Dam – located in Barangays Binga and Tinongdan. It was constructed in 1958 and the hydroelectric power plant this dam is connected to supplies electricity to many parts of Luzon.
- San Roque Dam – partly located in Itogon as well as in the Pangasinan towns of San Nicolas and San Manuel. It is the largest dam in the Philippines and among the top 20 of the largest dams around the world.
- Ampucao Rice Terraces – showcase traditional highland engineering with rice farms carved along the mountainsides.
- Balatoc Mines Tour – the highlight of the tour is the underground trip where participants get to experience thrill, sense of adventure, or fascination as they are guided into the mining tunnels.
- Philex-Daynet Adventure Trail – located in the hills of the Philex Mines area to Daynet in Barangay Ampucao.
- Agro-Eco Tourism Park – located at Barangay Poblacion. This place is for family/group picnics, for resting one’s spirit and stretching one’s limbs, for taking selfies, and more.
- 1300 Level Swimming Pools – known as Trese among the town’s residents. These are different resorts at the Poblacion area with distinctive features such as spa, sauna, heated/unheated pools, kiddie and adult pools, water slides, etc. Picnic areas as well as cottages are available for rent/
- Saint Charles Borromeo Parish Church – located at Barangay Poblacion
- Santa Barbara Parish Church – located at Barangay Virac
- Our Lady of Fatima Parish Church – located at Barangay Tuding
- Mount Ugo Summer Climb – from March to April, the Tourism Council of Barangay Tinongdan in Itogon organizes summer climbs to Mount Ugo. Camping by mountaineering groups in designated areas may also be arranged. Interested parties are advised to coordinate with the Provincial Tourism Office, the Department of Tourism-CAR, the Itogon Municipal authorities, or at the Tinongdan Barangay Hall.
- Adivay Festival – is a province-wide and month-long celebration held every November. The activities include a Grand Cañao, search for the Mr. and Ms. Benguet, sports events, cultural presentations, rodeo, horseback riding competition, and agri-tourism fair, among others. As the name implies, the festival is a special event for the coming together of the 13 municipalities of Benguet to celebrate as one. Also meant as a thanksgiving for the official foundation of the province. Adivay Festival activities take place in the capital town of Benguet in La Trinidad.
Map of Itogon
* For more information about Itogon, check its PhilAtlas profile.