Bokod is a municipality in the province of Benguet.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Bokod.
- Adwagan River – located in Barangay Ambuklao
- Banao River – located in Barangay Ambuklao
- Uwak-Parao Waterfalls – located in Barangay Karao
- Ansudeng Waterfalls – located in Barangay Ambuklao
- Bolo-Bolo Waterfalls – located in Barangay Nawal
- Binejayeng Lake – located in Barangay Daclan
- Mariano Mountain/Lake – located in Barangay Daclan
- Debeng Lake – located in Barangay Daclan
- Badekbek Sulfur Spring – also known as Daclan Hot Springs located in Barangay Daclan
- Mount Kamaltakan – located in Barangay Bobok-Bisal
- Mount Kompol-Kompol – the ascent to this mountain’s summit follows the so-called “Mount Purgatory Traverse” which passes through Mount Pack, then Mount Purgatory, and finally Mount Kompol-Kompol.
- Palansa Panoramic View – a spot designated for getting the best sight of the rice terraces, Ambuklao Dam, and the surrounding mountains.
- Mossy Forest of Naswak – situated in Barangay Ekip, this mossy forest is part of the Mount Pulag National Park which includes waterfalls and rice terraces.
- Tael Cave and Tunnel – known as a former Japanese military hospital during World War II.
- Airstrip – it was used as landing and take-off spot for small planes.
- Ambuklao Dam – it was built in 1955 for the hydro-electric power plant. It has been the principal source of electricity for many parts of Luzon since its construction.
- Daclan Rice Terraces – located in Pigingan, Bunagan, and Agijoy
- Mango Groves – developed into agri-parks which includes mango-picking as a come-on for visitors during the harvest season.
- Nayasna Mini Park – a communal forest developed into an eco-park where visitors can relax or find adventure among the trees, vegetation and other living/nonliving matter that make up the jungle.
- Private resorts or swimming pools where residents and tourists are offered the use of their facilities suited to aquatic activities. These freshwater resorts are a welcome substitute to the beach which is what most travelers wish for. Note that Benguet province is landlocked and going to the beach takes two hours or more depending upon one’s location in the province.
- Benguet State University (BSU)-Bokod Campus – a state university whose main campus is in the capital town of La Trinidad.
- Immaculate Conception Parish Church – located in Barangay Poblacion
- Adivay Festival – is a province-wide and month-long celebration held every November. The activities include a Grand Cañao, search for the Mr. and Ms. Benguet, sports events, cultural presentations, rodeo, horseback riding competition, and agri-tourism fair, among others. As the name implies, the festival is a special event for the coming together of the 13 municipalities of Benguet to celebrate as one. Also meant as a thanksgiving for the official foundation of the province. Adivay Festival activities take place in the capital town of Benguet in La Trinidad.
Map of Bokod
* For more information about Bokod, check its PhilAtlas profile.
Share this page