Bakun is a municipality in the province of Benguet.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Bakun.
- Bakun Mountain Trio – consists of Mount Tenglawan (1,996 masl), Mount Lobo (2,000+ masl), and Mount Kabunian (2,000 masl). The third mountain is named after the god of the indigenous people of Benguet and other provinces in the region. Additional attractions in the vicinity of the mountain are the Dulingan Rock formation, Bakun Burial Cave, and Kabunian Falls.
- Mount Liblibo – located in Barangay Bagu, this mountain is mostly unexplored without any foot trails to follow.
- Mount Tugawi – located in Barangay Kayapa
- Mount Gedgedayan – another largely unexplored mountain with no trodden paths.
- Mount Osdong – situated in Barangay Gambang. It is the highest peak in the municipality with an elevation of 2,617 masl.
- Olineg Cave/Tunnel – it is an unexplored cave in Barangay Poblacion.
- Tekip Falls – located in Barangay Poblacion
- Mangta Falls – located in Barangay Bagu
- Wanga-Barbarit Falls – located in Barangay Bagu
- Picao Falls – located in Sitio Sao, Barangay Poblacion
- Sacop Falls – located in Sitio Dada, Barangay Poblacion
- Pattan Falls
- Tres Marias (Dalingaoan) Waterfalls – located in Barangay Sinacbat
- Bagew Pool – located in Barangay Poblacion, it is a natural swimming pool that is part of Bagew River.
- Ampusongan River – located in Barangay Poblacion
- Labay River – located in Barangay Poblacion
- Vegetable Rice Terraces – in Anawa and Cabutotan
- Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish Church – located in Barangay Ampusongan
- Adivay Festival – is a province-wide and month-long celebration held every November. The activities include a Grand Cañao, search for the Mr. and Ms. Benguet, sports events, cultural presentations, rodeo, horseback riding competition, and agri-tourism fair, among others. As the name implies, the festival is a special event for the coming together of the 13 municipalities of Benguet to celebrate as one. Also meant as a thanksgiving for the official foundation of the province. Adivay Festival activities take place in the capital town of Benguet in La Trinidad.
Map of Bakun
* For more information about Bakun, check its PhilAtlas profile.