Tanauan is a lakeshore component city in the province of Batangas.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Tanauan.
- With one of its sides touching the rim of Taal Lake, Tanauan has an abundance of freshwater resorts particularly in areas closest to the lake.
- Apolinario Mabini Shrine – located in Barangay Talaga. Apolinario Mabini, known as “the sublime paralytic” and the “brains and conscience of the Philippine Revolution”, was a native of Tanauan.
- Jose P. Laurel Memorial Library – established in honor of the 3rd president of the Philippines who was born in Tanauan.
- Saint John the Evangelist Parish Church – has been designated as a Heritage Site by the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP).
- Other beautiful churches:
- Our Lady Queen of All Saints Church – located in Barangay Balete
- Holy Family Flight to Egypt Church – located in Barangay Luyos
- Nuestra Señora de la Soledad Church – located in Barangay Darasa
- Saint Augustine of Hippo Church – located in Barangay Santor
Map of Tanauan
* For more information about Tanauan, check its PhilAtlas profile.