San Juan is a coastal municipality in the province of Batangas.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in San Juan.
- Beach resorts abound on the long bayshore of San Juan as one side of this town faces Sibuyan Sea and another side, Tayabas Bay. Laiya is one of the most visited areas because of its rich coastal resources – rich variety of fishes/marine creatures, corals, seagrass – as well as accommodations that range from simple and inexpensive to sophisticated and pricey. Depending upon the resort they end up in, visitors are given a chance of the following activities: diving, snorkeling, boating, sports/games such as wall-climbing, zipline, or rappelling, and birdwatching, too.
- Mangrove Forest Conservation Area – very extensive in terms of area – 496 hectares – and biodiversity as seen in the mangrove forest, marine life and birds in the area.
- Marine protected areas located in:
- Laiya Aplaya Marine Protected Area
- San Juan Seascape
- Submarine garden featuring a wide display of living marine plants and animals in their natural habitat
- Turtle nesting and birdwatching sites in Barangay Pinagbayanan
- Mainit Hot Spring – located in Barangay Pulong Bato
- Mount Dagulgol – 672 masl
- Batangas State University – San Juan Campus
- San Juan Nepomuceno Parish Church
Map of San Juan
* For more information about San Juan, check its PhilAtlas profile.
Share this page