Batangas City is a coastal component city and the capital of the province of Batangas. In terms of land area, it is the biggest city/municipality in the province followed by Nasugbu then San Juan.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Batangas City.
- Beach resorts along the coast of Batangas Bay
- Tingga Falls – located at Barangay Daang Ibaan
- Ilijan Falls – located in Barangay Ilijan, it is fed by a spring atop the mountain.
- Isla Verde (Verde Island) – popular among divers, this island has a long shoreline of white fine sand, rock formations, and a plateau that provides a panoramic view of the West Philippine Sea. Here, divers also get a chance to visit what remains of the Spanish ship that sank centuries ago.
- Provincial Museum – Located within the Capitol Compound. Visitors get to view artwork from the different municipalities of Batangas, artifacts associated with famous persons born in the province, and a gallery of the governors who served the province from 1901 to present.
- Museo Puntong Batangan – located in P. Burgos Street, it showcases the history and culture of Batangas City.
- Pasalubong Center – located in Plaza Miranda, it is a recommended stopover for visitors wishing to buy products made in Batangas.
- Batangas State University (Main Campus) – located at Rizal Avenue
- Batangas State University (Alangilan Campus)
- Batangas Medical Center – located at Bihi Road, Kumintang Ibaba, it is the regional hospital for the CALABARZON area.
- Montemaria – located in Barangay Pagkilatan, it is a pilgrimage center with a giant statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and a chapel in honor of Santo Nino.
- Batangas Port/Pier – an international port which serves as an alternative to the Port of Manila and also serves primarily the Southern Tagalog provinces. It is described as the “gateway to the island provinces of Mindoro, Romblon, and Aklan” as it has 3 passenger terminals besides the cargo terminal.
- Basilica Menor de Immaculada Concepcion and other beautiful churches, namely:
- Most Holy Trinity Church – located in Barangay Pallocan West
- Santa Rita de Cascia Church – located in Barangay Bolbok
- Saint Michael the Archangel Church – located in Barangay Ilijan
- Saint Paul the Apostle Church – located in Isla Verde
- Saint Mary Euphrasia – located in Barangay Kumintang Ilaya