Agoncillo is a lakeshore municipality in the province of Batangas.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Agoncillo.
- Resorts for bathing, picnics, boating and fishing can be found in the area as Agoncillo is one of the towns bordering Taal Lake.
- “Balai Sa Ilog” – is located along the Pansipit River where visitors can relax while watching birds.
- A historical significance of this town can be gleaned from its name. Its old name “Pansipit” was changed to Agoncillo in honor of Don Felipe Agoncillo, a Batangueno and known as the “Outstanding First Filipino Diplomat”. He was the first Filipino representative to the Spanish Cortes and to the negotiations leading to the Treaty of Paris which ended the was between the US and Spain.
- Our Mother of Perpetual Help Parish Church
- Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Church – located in Barangay Subic
Map of Agoncillo
* For more information about Agoncillo, check its PhilAtlas profile.
Share this page