Uyugan is a municipality in Batanes province. It is one of the four municipalities in the island of Batan.
Tourist attractions and landmarks
- Old LORAN Station – the ruins of this US Coast Guard Long Range Naval Station can be found on top of a hill near the Alapad Pass. It is now under renovation to later house the local branch of the National Museum.
- Alapad Pass or Rock Formation – offers a spectacular view of the surrounding hills and cliffs plus the great Pacific Ocean.
- Spanish Bridge – a sturdy structure built during the Spanish era and it is still being used to this day.
- Ruins of Songsong – a cluster of the skeletons of old stone houses minus the roofs. This ruined settlement was abandoned after a tidal wave destroyed it in the 1950s.
- San Antonino de Florencia Parish Church
- Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Shrine
* For more information about Uyugan, check its PhilAtlas profile.