Ivana is a municipality in the province of Batanes. It is one of the towns located in the Batan Island.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Ivana.
- House of Dakay – the oldest of the stone houses in Batanes. It is one of the five Ivatan houses that remained standing after a strong earthquake in 1918. It is among the UNESCO Heritage Buildings.
- Honesty Shop – a coffee shop and convenience store that is unmanned and operates based on what its name says – honesty. The customers help themselves to what they need, record the sale on a journal and leave their payment in a box.
- Mount Matarem – the second highest peak in the island of Batan with a height of 495 meters above sea level. It is an extinct volcano.
- Radiwan Seaport – historically significant as it was where the Katipuneros landed in 1898. It is now used as the ferry station of the Ivatan boats called “falowa” that transport passengers and goods to and from Itbayat, Sabtang, and Batan.
- San Jose de Obrero Parish Church
Map of Ivana
* For more information about Ivana, check its PhilAtlas profile.