Orion is a municipality in the province of Bataan.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Orion.
- Hardin ni Balagtas – a statue of Francisco Baltazar, author of “Florante at Laura”, and also called the “Prince of Tagalog Poetry”. Born in Bulacan, this Tagalog who was destined for greatness, migrated to Orion where he married and spent the rest of his life.
- Cayetano Arellano Marker – a memorial to the first Filipino Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Born in Orion, this brilliant lawyer was actively sought for his wisdom. His legal prominence led to his participation in the government during the Spanish time and likewise during the American colonial time.
- Beach resorts along the shores of this coastal town.
- Airsoft/Paintball War Site – available in this town, at Pulong Bato.
- Saint Michael Archangel Parish Church – built in 1677, it is included in the list of the Seven Pilgrimage Churches traditionally visited by the Catholic faithful during the Lenten period.
Map of Orion
* For more information about Orion, check its PhilAtlas profile.
Share this page