Orani is a municipality in the province of Bataan.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Orani.
- Death March Marker – a memorial to the massive number of Filipino and American prisoners of war who were forced to journey on foot towards the concentration camp in Camp O’Donnell in Capas, Tarlac, some 66 miles (or 106 kilometers) away, under the heat of the sun and the cold of the night, in their weakened/sick/wounded condition, without any water or food provision, and subject to the cruelty of their Japanese captors.
- Mount Natib – the highest peak in the province at 1255 meters above sea level. It is found within the Bataan Natural Park.
- Orani Fish Port – where freshly caught shrimps, crabs, lobsters, fishes of other various colors and kinds, and other seafoods are sold wholesale.
- Beach resorts along the coast of this coastal town, including Sinag Tala Farm and Retreat Resort.
- Minor Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary – the title of “Minor Basilica” was conferred by Pope Francis on this church on 5 September 2019. The new status of this church is considered by the townspeople as an affirmation of their devotion to the Virgen Milagrosa del Rosario del Pueblo de Orani. The church dates back to 1714 and is among the Seven Pilgrimage Churches visited by the Catholics during Lent.
Map of Orani
* For more information about Orani, check its PhilAtlas profile.
Share this page