Isabela City is a city and the capital of Basilan province.
Tourist attractions and landmarks
- Isabela City Plaza – also known as Plaza Misericordia; paired with Plaza Rizal, both can be found at the city center
- Alano White Beach Resort – found at Malamawi Island; boasts of white sand shores; perfect for family day trips
- Barandino Farm – found at the eastern side of the city; filled with coconut and other fruit-bearing trees
- Cabunbata Falls – an excellent destination for sightseeing and swimming
- Cathedral of Santa Isabel de Portugal
- Kaumpurnah Mosque
- 1km-wide channel lined on both sides by mangroves and Samal houses on stilts
- 400m-high Clavario Peak and the Chapel of Peace
- Sumagdang Beach
- Cocowayan Festival – every 3rd week of April; a celebration of the city’s founding anniversary
- Fiesta Santa Isabel – in honor of St Elizabeth of Portugal, the city’s patron saint
- Isra Wal Miraj – 9 May; an Islamic celebration that commemorates the ascension of Muhammad
- Maulidin-Nabi – 27 December; an Islamic celebration that commemorates the birthday of Muhammad
How To Get There
From Zamboanga City, go to the Zamboanga Port located at Gen. Lim Avenue. From there, ride a boat bound for Basilan.
NOTE: For your own safety and in deference to the natives who live in this city, it is important to coordinate with the Local Government Unit (LGU) through the Tourism Officer or Information Officer of Isabela City before visiting the area.