Akbar is a municipality in the province of Basilan.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Akbar.
- Alano White Beach Resort – found at Malamawi Island; offers cottages meant for family gatherings
- Barandino Farm – planted with coconut and other fruit-bearing trees
- Cabunbata Falls
- Cathedral of Santa Isabel de Portugal
- Kaumpurnah Mosque – center of Muslim faith in the province
- producer of fruits like lanzones, durian, mangosteen, and marang
NOTE: For your own safety and in deference to the natives who live in this town, it is important to coordinate with the Local Government Unit (LGU) through the Tourism Officer or Information Officer of Akbar before visiting the area.