Baler is a municipality in Aurora province.
- Aniao Islets
- Aurora Quezon House – house of Aurora Aragon-Quezon, wife of the former Philippine President, Manuel Quezon; the province of Aurora was also named after her; located at the town proper
- Baler Catholic Church – also called San Luis Obispo de Tolosa Parish; known as the “Last Spanish Garrison” which was the actual location of the famous Siege of Baler where the remaining 54 Spanish soldiers refused to reliquish power to the Americans even after defeat; the Campana de Baler (Bell of Baler) is still found at the church’s bell tower
- Baler Hanging Bridge – connects the Barangays of Sabang and Barangay Tibang; located near the road of Zabali
- Baler Museum – also called Museo de Baler; found at the town proper
- Baler Town Plaza – located at the town proper
- Cemento Beach
- Diguisit Beach -found at Barangay Zabali
- Diguisit Falls – found at Barangay Zabali
- Dimadimalangat Islet
- Dicasalarin Cove -offers a 170-step climb; located at Barangay Zabali
- Doña Aurora Memorial Shrine
- Ermita Hill – a popular picnic and sightseeing area; a statue depicting people holding hands found at the site acts as a reminder of the tsunami that wiped out the town, exempting only those who were able to seek refuge at the said hill; found at the sitio of Cemento of Barangay Zabali
- Lukso-Lukso Islets
- Quezon House
- Quezon Memorial Park
- Sabang Beach – the perfect surfing spot; surfing instructors available; located at Barangay Sabang
- Baler Festival – April to May
- Coco Sabutan – 13 to 19 August; a tribute to the town’s patron saint, San Luis Obispo as well as a recognition of the excellent leadership of former Philippine President, Manuel Luis Quezon.
- Suman Festival – 14 to 19 February; also the Founding Anniversary of the province and the birthday of Aurora Aragon-Quezon
- Philippine-Spanish Friendship Day – 30 June; a commemoration of the historic Siege of Baler
How To Get There
- From Manila to Baler: Genesis Bus via their Cubao Terminal offers air-conditioned transportation bound for Baler; travel time is around 7 hours. You can also take the Joybus (also owned by Genesis), a more luxurious alternative that provides you with an in-bus restroom and a faster travel time.
- From Manila to Baler via Cabanatuan City: Several bus companies like the Genesis Bus, Victory Liner, Baliwag Transit, and Five Star Bus take you to Cabanatuan City in Nueva Ejica. Then, at the Cabanatuan Central Terminal, you will find buses and vans that are bound for Baler.
* For more information about Baler, check its PhilAtlas profile.