Santa Marcela is a municipality in the province of Apayao.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Santa Marcela.
- Abulog River – a clean, unpolluted body of water that traverses the whole of Apayao except the town of Conner
- Bacut Dam – home to a diverse set of flora and fauna; perfect for swimming, rafting, and picnics
- Known as the “Cassava Basket of Apayao”
- Say-Am Festival – 14th February; features Isnag’s traditional thanksgiving to Alawagan (Supreme Being) which includes the customary rituals, chants, and dances of the locals; Say-am is a customary celebration stating the well-to-do status of a family; the provincial festival of Apayao
How To Get There
NOTE: For your own safety and in deference to the natives who live in this town, it is important to coordinate with the Local Government Unit and Information Officer of Santa Marcela before you attempt to visit the area.
Map of Santa Marcela
* For more information about Santa Marcela, check its PhilAtlas profile.