Santa Marcela is a municipality in Apayao province.
- Abulog River – a clean, unpolluted body of water that traverses the whole of Apayao except the town of Conner
- Bacut Dam – home to a diverse set of flora and fauna; perfect for swimming, rafting, and picnics
- Known as the “Cassava Basket of Apayao”
- Say-Am Festival — 14th February; features Isnag’s traditional thanksgiving to Alawagan (Supreme Being) which includes the customary rituals, chants, and dances of the locals; Say-am is a customary celebration stating the well-to-do status of a family; the provincial festival of Apayao
How To Get There
- NOTE: For your own safety and in deference to the natives who live in this town, it is important to coordinate with the Local Government Unit and Information Officer of Santa Marcela before you attempt to visit the area.
* For more information about Santa Marcela, check its PhilAtlas profile.