Kabugao is a municipality in Apayao province.
- Aguibay Cave – has hot springs and an underground river
- Anag-Sicapo Wildlife Sanctuary – a 10-hour hike from the center; another 4 hours needed to see Mount Sicapo
- Anganupang Cave
- Apayao River – a 15-minute hike from the town proper
- Awihan Falls – located at Barangay Bulu
- Balasig Falls Resort – located at Barangay Badduat; a 20-minute drive from the town proper
- Bayugao Lake – located at Barangay Dibagat
- Gololan Falls
- Madarang Memorial Shrine
- Malabisin Lake and Underground River
- Malabanag Hot Springs
- Ladda Pond – located at Barangay Musimut
- Say-Am Festival — 14th February; features Isnag’s traditional thanksgiving to Alawagan (Supreme Being) which includes the customary rituals, chants, and dances of the locals; Say-am is a customary celebration stating the well-to-do status of a family; the provincial festival, largely celebrated in both the towns of Luna and Kabugao
How To Get There
- NOTE: For your own safety and in deference to the natives who live in this town, it is important to coordinate with the Local Government Unit and Information Officer of Kabugao before you attempt to visit the area.
- By Plane: Board a flight bound for Tuguegarao City, Cagayan. From Tuguegarao City, ride the G. Bros Liner, the Young Brothers, or the KATODA Van bound for Kabugao.
- By Bus (Direct from Manila): Ride a bus bound for Tuguegarao City. Bus lines available in Manila are: Dagupan Bus, Baliwag Transit, Genesis, and Victory Liner. From Tuguegarao City, ride the G. Bros Liner, the Young Brothers, or the KATODA Van bound for Kabugao.
* For more information about Kabugao, check its PhilAtlas profile.