San Remigio is a municipality in the province of Antique.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in San Remigio.
- Pula Waterfalls – has a red-tinted cascade
- Igbaclag Cave and Stone Castle – also home to the rafflesia; located at Barangay Aningalan
- Bato Cueva
- Magpungay Cave
- Kanyugan Cave
- Timbaban Falls
- Batuan Falls
- Maylumboy Lake
- Danao Lake
- Mount Igtulahong – located at Barangay Tubudan; houses the famous rafflesia
- Rafflesia – the biggest flower in the world with 2 of its varieties found in the town
- Barangay Aningalan – deemed as “Little Baguio” or the “Vegetable Basket of Antique”
- Aningalan Highland Strawberry Garden – a picturesque, privately owned resort that offers strawberry picking during the cold months (November to February)
- Banwang Daan – the Shrine of St. Vincent Ferrer of the Iglesia Filipina Independiente (Aglipayan Christian denomination) located at Barangay Baladjay; worth-noting is that the original statue was said to be miraculous; hence, daily masses are offered starting on the 1st of April until the last Sunday of the same month which, in turn, is known to be the feast day of the said saint
- Antique Rice Terraces – also known as the Hidden Rice Terraces; located at Barangay General Fullon
- Hambaru Festival – every 1st week of December; a celebration of a bountiful life
How To Get There
- From Clark International Airport (Mabalacat, Pampanga), take a direct domestic flight bound for Antique. From San Jose de Buenavista, ride a jeepney bound for Sibalom. From Sibalom, ride another jeepney to reach San Remigio.
- Buses leave Iloilo City on an hourly basis for the 2 1/2 hours trip to San Jose de Buenavista. From San Jose de Buenavista, ride a jeepney bound for Sibalom. Upon reaching Sibalom, ride another jeepney to San Remigio.
Map of San Remigio
* For more information about San Remigio, check its PhilAtlas profile.
Share this page