San Jose de Buenavista is a municipality and the capital of the province of Antique.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in San Jose de Buenavista.
- Evelio B. Javier Freedom Park – located in the capitol in San Jose, in memory of the slain governor
- San Jose Cathedral – stained glass windows and the highest bell tower in the province
- Telegrafo Hill – a Japanese stronghold during World War II
- Camp Autajay (Piña Beach) – a 10-hectare beach that is ideal for camping and seminars, with cottages and narra and mahogany trees
- Evelio Javier Airport – also called the Antique Airport and the San Jose Airport; is the sole airport found in Antique
- Binirayan Festival – the whole month of December; a celebration of the legendary bargain between Bornean datus and indigenous Negritos
- Tiringbanay Festival – 30 April to 1 May; coincides with the feast day of St. Joseph the Worker (1 May), the town’s patron saint
How To Get There
- From Luzon, one can take a direct flight via the Clark International Airport located at Mabalacat, Pampanga bound for Antique Airport (Evelio Javier Airport or San Jose Airport).
- Buses leave Iloilo City on an hourly basis for the 2 1/2 hours trip to San Jose de Buenavista.
Map of San Jose de Buenavista
* For more information about San Jose de Buenavista, check its PhilAtlas profile.
Share this page