Patnongon is a municipality in the province of Antique.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Patnongon.
- Bato Tibi – found at Barangay Tamayoc
- Kuweba Dapa and Kuweba Turu-ong – located at Barangay San Rafael; excellent for spelunking enthusiasts
- Numerous beach resorts along its coastline
- Linaw-Balud Falls – located at Barangay Igburi
- Lipunto Range – located at Barangay Patlabawon
- Madlakat Cliff – located amidst the boundaries of Patnongon, San Remegio, and Sibalom
- Mount Guinobatan – located in the boundary of Belison and Patnongon
- Mountains near Barangays Apgahan, Aureliana, La Rioja, and Padang – deemed as excellent mountaineering destinations full of wild, fruit-bearing trees
- Old Municipal Building – built by the Spaniards of old
- Old Spanish Bridge – a bridge or culvert dating back to the Spanish time
- Saint Augustine’s Academy of Patnongon, Inc. Old Building – old Spanish church convent that used to be part of the Patnongon Church bombed during World War II
- Shrine of Rosa Mystica – located at Barangay Tigmanali
- Ulo Kuliatan and Busay Luhot – found at Barangay Aureliana
- Udyakan Festival – last Monday of February; a showcase of the different handicrafts and delicacies of the town
How To Get There
- Buses leave Iloilo City on an hourly basis for the 2 1/2 hours trip to San Jose de Buenavista. From San Jose de Buenavista, Patnongon is about 25 kilometers away. One can take a jeepney or a tricycle to reach the area.
Map of Patnongon
* For more information about Patnongon, check its PhilAtlas profile.