Caluya is a municipality in the province of Antique.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Caluya.
- Semirara Island – known to be a bird sanctuary
- Panian Mine – an open-pit coal mine operating since 1999
- Unong Mine – coal mine, now closed; was in operation from 1984 to 2000
- Famous for tatus (coconut crabs)
- Tatusan Festival – 1 May to 1 June; basically, a celebration during the summertime, in honor of the tatus (coconut crab)
How To Get There
- From the Libertad port at Libertad, Antique, one can take a ferry boat bound for the Caluya port scheduled at 3 AM; approximate travel time is 3 hours. Tricycles are available upon reaching the area.
Map of Caluya
* For more information about Caluya, check its PhilAtlas profile.
Share this page