Belison is a municipality in Antique province.
- Parish of Our Lady of Purity and Candles – an Aglipayan church (Iglesia Filipina Independiente); most Belisongnons belong to the Aglipayan religious denomination
- Most of its land area is planted with rice, corn, coconut, and other valuable crops
- Century-old acacia trees continue to thrive in the place
- Mount Guinobatan – proclaimed as a municipal park with a marker on 6 March 2011; regarded by fishermen as a “palngat” (landmark) during bad weather conditions
- Guinobatan Cave
- Belison Beaches Marine Sanctuary
- Barangay Buenavista – an ideal place for mountain biking
- Town Fiesta – 1 to 2 February
- Guinobatan Festival – 8 to 10 March
- Biray Festival – 1st of June; a tribute to the Virgin Mary by way of a colorful fluvial parade and a celebration down at the beach
How To Get There
- From Manila and other big cities, Antique can be reached via RORO (Roll-On-Roll-Off). Then, jeepneys and tricycles will bring you to the municipality.
- From the Iloilo International Airport or the Kalibo International Airport, one can easily reach Belison by riding a bus or a shuttle van.
* For more information about Belison, check its PhilAtlas profile.