Kalibo is a municipality and the capital of the province of Aklan.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Kalibo.
- Boracay Island – 68 kilometers from Kalibo
- Yapak Barangay (also in Boracay) – famous for its puka shells
- Lambingan Beach
- Bougainvillea Beach
- Freedom Shrine – has a monument signifying heroic stand of Aklanons during WW2
- Museo it Aklan – repository of the province’s rich cultural and historical past
- Mangrove Plantation in New Buswang
- Kalibo International Airport
- Ati-Atihan Festival – every second week of January; celebration of the 13th century land deal between the Bornean datus and the aboriginal Atis; also for the feast of Santo Niño (patron saint) who, legend states, saved the town from Moro raiders
How To Get There
- Accessible by motorized banca from Caticlan in Malay town
- Two flights from Manila to Kalibo daily with flying time of 50 minutes
- Chartered flights toward Boracay from Caticlan in Malay town then take motorboat to reach Boracay’s resorts
- Kalibo to China, Korea, Hongkong, and Singapore by plane
Map of Kalibo
* For more information about Kalibo, check its PhilAtlas profile.
Share this page