Butuan is a highly urbanized city in Agusan del Norte province.
- Northern Mindanao Regional Museum – near Butuan City Hall; contains archeological and cultural artifacts
- Another museum (unnamed as of research time) – located at the discovery site of the oldest balanghai at Ambangan, Barangay Libertad between the city and the airport
- Balanghai Festival – during May
- Kahimunan Festival – during July
- Sta Ana Abayan – during July; is marked by a fluvial procession on the Agusan River followed by a banca race against the current
- City Charter Day – August 1
How to Get There
- Flights from Manila take about an hour while those from Cebu take around 45 minutes.
- Ferry rides to-and-from Manila and Cebu via the Nasipit port.
- Bus and minivan (also called UV Express) rides via the Butuan City Integrated Transport Terminal located at Salvador Calo Street, Barangay Obrero.
* For more information about Butuan City, check its PhilAtlas profile.