Bangued is a municipality and the capital of the province of Abra.
Places of Interest
The following are places of interest, tourist attractions and/or notable landmarks in Bangued.
- Abra River – Bangued lies on the river’s floodplain
- Bangued Church – built in 1722
- Casamata National Park – located on top of a hill that overlooks the town, has a shrine of the Blessed Mother, and a swimming pool
- Tangadan Tunnel – found in the road going to Bangued, located in the boundary between Abra and Ilocos Sur, 40-meter tunnel
- Dapil Festival – celebrated every February 20-25
- Tingguian Festival – 1st week of October
How to Get There
From Manila: Buses from Caloocan City and Cubao (QC) travel through La Union and parts of Ilocos Sur to reach Bangued